ANTI TERRORISM SPECIALIST:
Objective: Anti-Terrorism Specialist (ATS) Program provides an in-depth perspective to terrorism & strategies for counter terrorism measures with considerations for the development of emergency procedures, action plans with risk mitigation & crisis management in the face of imminent terrorist threats.
Description: Anti-Terrorism Specialist (ATS) introduces international terrorism and their definition, origin & evolution since 9/11. The categories & objectives of terrorism: Structure, operational capabilities & threats posed by terrorist groups on a global level as well as the intended organizational objectives. The course includes presentations on widely known, prominent international terrorist organizations, with a focus on their ideology, mind-set, and motivation. Following the introduction to terrorism & terrorist operations, participants learn and discuss individual protective measures to lower their personal profile.
Lectures & discussion will occur on the exploration of organizational emergency action/crisis management plans. Discussions include preventive measures, security guidelines, emergency protocols for crisis events such as: Attacks on religious centers, public transport hubs, hijacks on airlines, IED & VBIED attacks, kidnap, hostage, ransom, sport events, hotel bombings.
• Discuss/Understand the foundational principles underpinnings of terrorism.
• Overview of Terror Organizations, Proliferation, Global Imprints, Influence, History, Evolution to modern day prominence, Impact on our security & safety.
• Discuss Characteristics & Motives of Terrorist, Radicalization, Religion, Ideology, Influence, Hatred, Revenge, Adversary Mindsets, global terrorist operations & intended effects.
• Profile & analyse terrorist Modus Operandi, Terrorist Attacks, Targets, Attack Plans/Phases, Major Attack Case Studies, Types of Attacks, Improvised Explosive Devices: key roles & involvement of international terrorist groups.
• Analyse general characteristics of Terror Attacks on Government & Business, Entities, Business Impact & Implications (explosive, armed, CBR, cyber) & Counter Measures by Government Organizations & Global MNCs.
• Evaluate int. terrorism & its links to religious organizations & governments.
• Evaluate and analyse the regional & global threats posed by terrorism.
• Summarize history of terrorism & how it applies to current political strategies.
• Discuss, assess, recommend individual protective measures for the following: residential environments, travel, office/commercial settings & social media.
• Understand and evaluate the Roles, Responsibilites, Position & Actions of Security Professionals in Organizations and what is done to (3D): Deter, Detect, Defend against Terror Attacks using (3M): Man, Machine Method with (3G): Guns, Gates & Guards.
• Recommend different strategies for corporate emergency action/crisis management plans: Counter Terrorism Planning: EAP [Emergency Action Plans], RCMP [Risk & Crisis Management Plans], OPSEC and HUMINT, Counter Surveillance,
• Case Studies; Response to Terror Attacks / Incidents [Bomb Threat Response, Mail Threat Response, Cyber Attack Response, VIED Threat Response, Response to Terror Attacks (Preparation & Response).
Contact: Graham on Mobile: 0421-718-277